Last Updated: October 15, 2020
Table of Contents
Olé Mexican Foods, Inc. (“Ole”) is a food manufacturing and distribution company. To learn more about our business, click here www.olemex.com/our-story/.
If you have any questions, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section at the end of this policy.
2. Collection of Personal information.
Olé collects information using:
- Our website
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest if you choose to use them for our services and products;
- Email; or
- With your consent.
When you use our website, connect with us through social media platforms, enter promotions, or request information about purchasing or using our products or services, we may collect personal information from you. We also may collect information about you or your contacts from our service providers, partners, or other sources of publicly available information.
The personal information that Olé may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Biographic information, such as names and age;
- Contact information, such as addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and social media platform contact information;
- Preferences and interests, such as contact preferences, preferred language;
- Credentials, such as usernames and passwords for Olé website accounts; and
- Other information you may provide to us.
We may also collect other identifying information we may obtain from you, as disclosed in other policies or notices.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to provide you with all functional aspects of our products and services.
3. Use of Personal Information.
- Marketing. We may use your personal information so that we, or our affiliates, can market, advertise, or otherwise promote products and services that may be of interest to you based on your profile. We may advertise to you on websites, mobile apps, or using email or social media platforms. Unless you ask us not to, Olé may contact you in the future to tell you about new products or services. We may use your personal information for website analytics and customer relationship management purposes.
- Communications and Customer Service. Olé may use your personal information to communicate with you and provide you with customer service. For example, we may request personal information from you regarding surveys or contests so we can administer them. We may use survey information for monitoring or improving this website, our services, or products. Additionally, we may use your personal information to respond to inquiries, provide support, address issues or disputes, or otherwise manage our relationship with you. We may also retain and use records regarding the content and nature of our communication with you, whether by email, telephone call, internet chat, fax or otherwise. We may merge personal information with other information Olé has about you.
Our website allows users to engage in discussion by commenting on our blog posts. Our blogs are public. Any information you include in a comment on a blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone.
Participation in our surveys, sweepstakes, or contests is voluntary and you may choose to participate and disclose this personal information. We may use your contact information (such as name and billing address) and demographic information (such as zip code or age) for these surveys or contests. We may use this information to notify the winners and award prizes.
- Providing Products and Services. Olé may use your personal information to provide you or our other customers with our products and services.
We may use your contact information to communicate with you about your order of our products or services, including to process payments or send receipts. Olé may also use your personal information to add new features or capabilities to our products or services or otherwise improve them. We may use your personal information to administer your website account with us. We may use your personal information to help us provide after-sales care, such as product servicing, warranties, or recalls. We may also use your personal information to produce aggregate or statistical data about our customers, users, products, services, or industry.
To buy products and services from Olé, we may need your biographic information and financial information. If you purchase a product or service from Olé, we may also collect and use additional information from your purchase transaction, such as the cost of the transaction, type of service or product purchased, payment type, currency, and location of payment.
- Legal and Compliance. Olé may also use your personal information for information security purposes, to fight fraud or illegal activity, or in connection with our legal or compliance obligations. These obligations may include cooperating or complying with government or law enforcement investigations, litigation, discovery, regulatory requirements, corporate investigations, dispute resolution, collections, national security, public interest, or others.
4. Sharing of Personal Information.
Olé may share your personal information for the purposes of providing our products or services, communications and customer service, marketing, and as a part of our legal and compliance obligations.
Our service providers may include information technology providers, communications technology providers, email or marketing services providers, contact information verification services providers, consultants, auditors, attorneys, outsourcing services service providers, financial services providers, payment processing and billing service providers, customer service providers, or others.
In providing you with communications and customer service and marketing, we may share your personal information with customer relationship management service providers, advertising and marketing service providers, social media platforms (where you use those services to connect with us), and others.
Olé may also share your personal information with its employees, contractors, service providers, and others.
5. Employment Applications.
If you are applying for a job at Olé, we may collect information from you, including application information, resumes, and employment records; information received from references; work eligibility and equal opportunity employment information (as required or permitted by applicable law); or other information.
We may use your personal information to consider your employment application. We may share your personal information relating to your application with our employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers, including recruiting service providers, hiring consultants and agencies, information and technology service providers, human resources information system providers, and others. Please also review additional terms that may apply when you submit your application.
6. Cookies and Similar Technologies.
We may use “cookies”, web beacons, or similar technologies on our website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a website visitor’s device to help us improve access, use, and security of our website and identify repeat visitors to our website. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to enter a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our website. Web beacons are objects embedded into webpages that allow us to monitor site activity. Cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies can also help us track and target your interests so that we can enhance your experience on our website, conduct analytics, determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and direct advertisements or other marketing activities.
We may also collect other automated information from you, such as your browser type and language, your operating system, your Internet Protocol address, the date and time of your visit, the duration of your visit, the URLs of websites you visited before and after visiting our website, the web search that landed you on our website, and web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within our website.
We may also implement the following technologies to enhance the Sites:
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third-party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our websites. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your personal information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the personal information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- Third-party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our websites and on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third-party websites.
- Google Analytics. The site uses Google Analytics for the purpose of providing us with the ability to conduct technical and statistical analysis on the Site’s performance. For more information on how Google Analytics supports the Sites and uses information sent from the Site, please review Google’s policy or install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
7. Interest-Based Online Advertising.
We use Google Analytics third-party audience data including age, gender, and interests to better understand the actions and behaviors of our customers. We work with companies that collect information about your online activities to help us provide advertising designed to suit your interests and preferences. For example, you may see certain ads on our website or other websites or mobile apps because we partner with Google and similar companies to deliver our ads based on information we or they have collected about you, including information we collect automatically, including through web beacons and cookies. These companies also use automated technology to collect information when you click on our advertisements, which helps us track and manage the effectiveness of our marketing activities.
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party advertising networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and opt-out of or edit your Google Display Network ads preferences.
8. Children’s Privacy
This website and our services are not directed at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to register for any goods or services or to provide us with personal information. If you are under 13, please do not provide us with any personal information about yourself (such as your name, email address or phone number). If we become aware that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, we will remove it from our records as soon as reasonably possible.
10. Unsubscribing from Emails
You may opt out of any future emails from us at any time by using the unsubscribe links included in our email communications to you. You may also opt out of other communications from us by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
11. Security and Integrity of Personal Information
Olé takes some precautions to try to protect your personal information both online and offline and to try to secure personal information. When collecting or transmitting confidential information, such as credit card numbers, Olé protects that information through encryption.
Olé retains personal information for as long as reasonably required to comply with our legal obligations or for as long as reasonably required for our business purposes.
13. Your California Privacy Rights.
14. Contact Us
Olé Mexican Foods, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
Olé Mexican Foods, Inc.
6585 Crescent Dr.
Norcross, GA 30071
Or by email at email@example.com
Or by calling (770) 582-9200