Beer-Battered Avocado Taco
Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Servings: 8
8 La Banderita Mini Taco Corn Tortillas
1/2 pound avocado, halved, pitted, and halved
Beer Batter 1/4 cup all purpose ﬂour
1/4 cup white rice ﬂour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon TABASCO® Green Sauce
1/2 cup cold beer (I used Corona)
Jalapeno Cream Sauce 1/4 cup La Banderita Crema – Mexican Style Cream
1 tablespoon TABASCO® Green Sauce
Additional Toppings Refried beans
Pico de Gallo
La Banderita Crema - Mexican Style Cream Shredded lettuce Diced avocado Diced tomatoes Cilantro
• Jalapeno Cream Sauce Directions: Whisk together ingredients and set aside.
• Beer Batter Directions: Whisk together ingredients.
• Fill a large saucepan with 2 inches of vegetable oil.
• Heat to 350 – 375 degrees F. One at a time, dip avocado into beer batter then fry for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
• Remove from oil, drain on a stack of paper towels and immediately sprinkle with a touch of salt.
• Repeat with remaining avocado.
• Assembly: Spread a refried beans onto tortilla, place avocado in center, and then top with pico de gallo, shredded lettuce, and jalapeno cream sauce.