Deconstructed Apple Pie
- Difficulty: Easy
- Servings: 2 to 4
4-6 apples, cored and cut into wedges
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¾ cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 (8-inch) Olé Flour Tortillas, cut into wedges
Oil for deep-frying
½ cup chopped pecans
La Banderita De Leche Sauce
Favorite ice cream
Dusting Mix for fried tortilla wedges:
¼ cup cinnamon
½ cup sugar
La Banderita Crema - Mexican Style Cream Shredded lettuce Diced avocado Diced tomatoes Cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a large bowl, add apple wedges and lemon juice and toss to coat all sides.
3. In a bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples, tossing to coat
evenly, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in oven until soft. Keep warm for serving.
4. In a deep fryer or large pot, heat oil to 375°F. When at boiling point, drop cut wedges of tortilla and fry until golden brown. Make sure to separate with tongs. Remove and drain on a paper towel until ready to serve.
5. Lightly sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture evenly on wedges and toss to coat both sides.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop your favorite ice cream into center of bowl filled with chips. Add cooked apples and drizzle with De Leche Sauce and pecans. Serve immediately.