Ground Beef and Potato Tacos
4-6 (6-inch) Olé Flour Tortillas
1 tablespoon oil plus oil for frying tortillas
½ cup white onion, chopped
1 pound ground beef
2 tomatoes, large, seeded, and cut into chunks
1-2 large potatoes, peeled and finely diced
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 cup lettuce, shredded
½ cup salsa
1 large avocado, peeled, pit removed, and chopped
1 cup Olé Cotija Cheese
1. In a deep fryer or large pot, heat oil to 375°F. When at boiling point, drop in one tortilla at a time, place tongs in the center of tortilla, and fry until golden brown. You may have to pinch each side to flatten the “pillow” effect of the flour shell. Remove and drain on a paper towel until ready to serve.
2. In a large frying pan, over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp. oil. When oil is hot, add onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add ground beef and cook until brown. Use a spatula while frying to crumble beef into small pieces. Drain excess grease and place back on stovetop.
4. Stir in tomatoes, potatoes, garlic salt, and pepper and cook over low heat until potatoes are done.
5. To assemble the taco, spread the beef and potato mixture in tortillas. Garnish with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.