Lightly Fried Fish Mini Tacos
- Difficulty: Easy
- Servings: 6 to 8
Oil 8 (4-inch) La Banderita Corn Tortillas (Mini Tacos)
1 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup lime juice
4 (3 to 6 ounce) fish filets, such as cod or tilapia, washed and patted dry
Garnishes: Thinly sliced radishes, fresh cilantro, crema tarter sauce, white onion
La Banderita Crema - Mexican Style Cream Shredded lettuce Diced avocado Diced tomatoes Cilantro
1. Preheat a large frying pan on medium to medium-high heat with enough oil to cover the entire bottom of the frying pan.
2. To make coating for fish, in a small bowl, add cornstarch, salt, and ground black pepper and mix thoroughly.
3. In a separate small bowl, add lime juice.
4. Dredge each fish filet through lime juice until coated evenly on both sides, shaking off excess. Bread each filet in cornstarch mix.
5. When the oil is hot, place the breaded fish in frying pan and cook for three minutes on each side.
6. Carefully remove from frying pan and place on paper towels to drain.
7. Break fried fish into pieces and serve on La Banderita Mini Corn Tortillas. Add your favorite garnishes.