Picadillo Mixture: 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
1/2 pound russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons TABASCO® Sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
Fried Tortillas: 12 La Banderita Mini Taco Corn Tortillas
Toppings: La Banderita Crema - Mexican Style Cream
• Picadillo Directions: Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
• Once hot, add beef and cook, breaking it up as you go for 5 minutes.
• Add in potatoes and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Add in onion and carrot and cook for another 5 minutes.
• Stir in peas, tomato sauce, water, TABASCO®, and salt.
• Simmer covered 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir
• Season with more salt, if necessary.
• Fried Tortillas Directions:
• Fill large saucepan with 2 inches of vegetable oil.
• Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
• Create a small cylinder (about 1/2 inch thick) with tin foil.
• Fold mini tortilla around cylinder to create a taco shape. Hold together with metal tongs.
• Lower tortilla into oil and fry for about 30-60 seconds, or until tortilla
starts to hold it’s shape.
• Remove tortilla from oil and carefully (using the tongs) remove the foil cylinder.
• Place tortilla back into the hot oil and continue frying until golden brown, about an additional 60 seconds.
• Remove from oil, place onto a cooking rack lined with paper towels and season with a pinch of salt.
• Repeat with remaining tortillas.
• Assembly: Fill fried taco shells with the picadillo and top with crema,
avocado, lettuce, and pico de gallo!