Vegetarian Swiss Enchiladas
3 dried chiles de arbol
1 (14-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 (28-ounce) can enchilada sauce
½ cup Olé crema and extra for garnish
1 cup oil
3 (6-inch) Olé corn tortillas
1/3 cup whole-kernel frozen corn, thawed
½ cup black beans, drained, rinsed
2 cups Olé shredded quesadilla cheese, divided
Cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Reconstitute chiles in water.
3. In a blender, add tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and softened chilies de arbol. Pulse on low to blend thoroughly. Return sauce to pot, heat to a simmer.
4. Slowly add in crema. Remove from heat.
5. When ready to serve, in a medium frying pan, pour in oil and heat to a boil. Fry tortillas briefly, and remove from oil while still soft. Set aside on paper towel to drain and repeat with remaining tortillas.
6. To prepare, add corn, black beans, and half of the cheese to a tortilla and roll up. Place the tortilla seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas, pour enchilada sauce over the top, and top with remaining cheese.
7. Bake the enchiladas until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with crema and cilantro.